If you love Storify, an excellent service that allows you to aggregate and post status updates from the social web, and you love Embed.ly, a service that allows you to embed media content more than 200 services, you’re in good company. Both are pretty awesome. However, there’s one tiny glitch that you might not know about. I found out about this and thought I’d share the news.
Currently, there’s a bug in the Embed.ly WordPress plug-in. When you click on the Embed.ly button in your post editor and add the link, you only get a thumbnail, description and link for the story, and not the full Storify treatment.
When you post the link, it then looks like the following in your page.
I contacted Embed.ly support and they were quick to respond. Art in Customer Support told me that there was a bug in their plug-in, which they will fix on the next release, but for now, all you have to do is put your naked link in the Post Editor, and it will work.
It’s as simple as that. See the Storify post below.
- WP Engine LargeFS and NextGen Gallery Error Creating Thumbnails - December 31, 2019
- WP Small Biz: Let’s talk WordPress Hosting - February 26, 2019
- Standardizing Your WordPress Workflow - June 4, 2017
- Social Meta Optimization presentation at WordCamp Raleigh 2017 - May 28, 2017
- WordCamp Raleigh 2017 – WordPress SEO for Beginners Workshop - May 20, 2017
- The new WordPress ninja: WordPress Assembler - May 17, 2017
- Redirecting WordPress pages and posts after changing the TLD extension - February 6, 2017
- What You Need To Know About WordPress Image File Size And Compression - January 5, 2017
- The future of Netmix - June 5, 2016
- CloudFlare and free Flexible SSL on WP Engine - January 18, 2016